The character that has impacted me the most so far in the novel "To Kill a Mockingbird" by Harper Lee so far is Scout. Scout is the narrator of the book and by the things she says, she shows how independent and curious she is. Some questions I have about this character are how will her being a tomboy impact the way she is treated throughout the book? Will people give her trouble for not wanting to dress girly? Scout is motivated by the support of her father, Atticus. Atticus sees everyone as equals and some of his qualities have rubbed off on her. Atticus supports her with her reading which also helps her stay motivated, but it also makes school very boring for her since she is already ahead of the rest of the class.
Scout doesn't care how other girls dress or act because she is independent and wants to do her own thing. When I was little I was similar to her because I was a little bit of a tomboy too. I used to play with frogs and other animals that I would find in my yard, but I have grown out of that. A strength that Scout has is that she is very strong willed. She always stands up for what she believes in and puts up a fight. This is also a weakness of hers though, because she doesn't know when to stop, which could get her in trouble when talking to adults. She is also very good reader which is a strength and a weakness. It is a strength because she is more educated and has developed a skill that will help her later on in life. This is also a weakness too though because Scout won't be learning in school since there is nothing to teach her.
I predict that later on in the novel Scout will somehow get involved with Boo Radley. Scout is very curious and I think she will in some way try to meet him. I predict that Boo will end up not being so bad and they will become friends. I doubt the other people in the town will be very accepting of this because of all the rumors about him. I don't think Atticus will be very happy either since Atticus believes everyone should be able to have their own privacy, and he will probably assume that Scout is invading Boo's.
No comments:
Post a Comment