Translate

Monday, September 30, 2013

If I won the lottery...

If my family won a large amount of money from the lottery I would feel incredibly grateful. Even though I would feel grateful, I might also feel guilty to have won so much money purely from luck. My family would definitely put away enough money to pay for my siblings and I to go to college, and probably some money for each of us to start out with after we graduate from college too. In addition I'd hope that we would donate a good portion of the money to charities. I'm sure that my family would also spend some of the money also on things we want, but don't necessarily need, like a new car.

The conflicts that would arise with this sudden great fortune may take a toll on the relationships with my family members and others. It would be hard to know who to trust, because I wouldn't know if someone was just trying to get close to me in hopes of getting some of the money. Hopefully the wealth wouldn't damage true friendships and things would continue to stay normal. I would also feel like I was almost obligated to give some of the money to friends and family, for example if they were in debt. If my family were to help out someone with money issues, then it would be hard to say no to the next person who asked. I'm sure that winning the lottery would most likely do more bad than good to relationships with my family and others.

No comments:

Post a Comment