Translate

Friday, December 13, 2013

Ch. 24&25 TKAM

Throughout chapters 24 and 25, there were certain events where I understood why the author decided to add them. For example, when Scout is talking to the women about what she wants to be when she is older, she says that she wants to be "just a lady" (Lee 230). I think the author added this scene to show how Scout is starting to mature. She used to never want to dress girly, and she acted like one of the boys. I think that maybe Scout said this just to please the women though. 

In addition, when Scout was about to kill a bug, Jem tells her not to and Scout thinks, "He was certainly never cruel to animlas, but I had never known his charity to embrace the insect world" (Lee 238). The author made this scene to show how much Jem is turning into an adult. Everyday, he starts to act more and more like Atticus. Scout notices this and brushes it off as a phase, but I think that it is more permanent than that. If Jem were a kid like Scout, he would have joined in and smushed the bug, but instead he decided to be mature and spare the bug its life.

No comments:

Post a Comment